Thursday 26 April 2018

Congratulations Sarah for winning three swimming European Open medals!


 
My name is Sarah Casey.
I enjoy swimming.
It helps me keep fit, stay healthy and lose weight.
My dad taught me how to swim when I was 8 years old.
I loved swimming from then.
I love being in water and swimming, its my dream.
I've been a member of Sharks Swimming Club for a long time.
I represent them at galas and competitions.
On the 21st - 22nd April 2018 I was at the Down Syndrome European Open in Southampton.
I won 3 medals.
Two gold medals for 25 meter breast stroke and 50 meter breast stroke.
One silver medal for 200 meter freestyle. 
At the moment I am the European Champion in 25 and 50 meter breast stroke and I hold the world record for 25 meter breast stroke. 
I have been in competitions all over the word, like:
  • Czech Republic
  • Ireland 
  • Italy
  • Mexico
  • South Africa 
I still aim to be in competitions for a long time.
I would to say thank you to my parents for getting me started in swimming, supporting me in all the galas and travelling with me to all of these places around the world.


Sarah Casey
Can you understand it? Team
Oxleas NHS Foundation Trust
 

1 comment:

Lloyd visits Goldie Leigh!

Lloyd Page from Mencap visits Goldie Leigh! During March earlier this year Lloyd Page who works for National Mencap visited Goldie Le...